Job Title: Head Football Coach
Reports To: Director of Athletics
St. Edward High School, a Catholic, private, all-boy college preparatory high school in Lakewood, Ohio, is seeking a dynamic, accomplished, and mission-driven individual to become the school’s next Head Football Coach.
As a Catholic school in the Holy Cross tradition, St. Edward transforms the lives of young men through our four pillars: faith formation, excellence, relationships and servant leadership. We develop our students to have “the competence to see and the courage to act as men of faith.”
St. Edward enjoys a strong and vital athletic tradition. Our football program competes at the highest levels against teams from several states each year. St. Edward won the largest division Ohio Football State title in 2010 and 2015 and has the most state championships of any high school in Ohio, having won 56 state titles in 9 sports.
The ideal candidates will possess the ability to become a full-time member of the school community for the 2015-2016 academic year, employed in a staff, teaching or administrative capacity.
The ideal candidate will
- Understand, model and integrate the school’s Catholic and Holy Cross Mission into all aspects of the football program and integrate the football program into the full life of the school.
- Be committed to the spiritual, academic, personal and athletic formation of young men
- Earn the respect of every student and place the welfare of every student first
- Be a strong leader and an effective motivator
- Be honest, consistent and reliable
- Model a high energy, winning, team-first attitude, and a work ethic that underscores discipline, dedication, competitiveness, and a drive to be the best
- Have the organizational skills to attend to the range of responsibilities in running an effective football program
- Be able to attract, integrate and motivate a staff of mostly part-time coaches
- Possess strong communication skills in order to work well with internal and external constituencies: students, colleagues, parents, alumni and the greater community
- Have technical expertise in the strategic development of football systems, game plans, and the personal development of players at each position
- Have successful varsity head coaching or extensive assistant coaching experience at the high school and/or collegiate level
- Demonstrate a strong understanding and commitment to the physical development of athletes through a well-designed strength and conditioning program
- Work with the Admission Office to represent St. Edward well to prospective families
- Develop relationships with college coaches in the recruiting of our student-athletes
- Develop summer camps to promote St. Edward High School
- Possess appropriate coaching certification
Interested applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest, a resume or CV, a statement of coaching philosophy and contact information for all listed references. Applications will be accepted through April 3, 2015. A search committee will then contact candidates deemed to be the best potential fit for personal interviews.
Applications are to be submitted, preferably, electronically to:
Rose Anne Platek
St. Edward High School