St. Edward Mothers' Club is a group of dedicated moms who host special events and fund-raisers and support many school-sponsored events to benefit the young men of our school.
Our monthly meetings are designed to:
- Inform you about what is happening at St. Edward
- Give you the opportunity to meet other St. Edward mothers
- Become part of the St. Edward community
Mothers' Club Updates & Special Events
Next meeting: On Wednesday, November 11 at 7pm in the chapel, we are excited to be welcoming retired SEHS theology teacher Michael Reiling who will teach us "Ten Minute Meditations for Stress Management" - just in time for the hectic holiday season. Please plan on joining us - you won't want to miss this!
On October 13, the Mothers' and Fathers' Clubs welcomed Judge Michael Ryan as our guest speaker. Judge Ryan shared the story of his journey from childhood poverty, abuse and neglect to his present position as judge with the Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court. His story was compelling and inspirational and his mantra of 'no excuses' struck a chord with all those present.
The Mothers' Club is partnering with the student body on the Season of Giving food drive. Beginning November 5 and running through November 20, the students will be collecting non-perishable food items which will be sorted and donated to the Lakewood Charitable Assistance Corporation (LCAC) to feed the needy families in Lakewood. There are several ways that you and your son can get involved with this.
- Send food items to school with your son or bring to the November 11 Mothers' Club meeting.The most needed items are pasta, peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables, cereal, and rice. Please ensure that the items you are sending in are not expired and are not in a glass jar.
- Join us after school on November 11, 16 or 18 to sort the donations.
- Accompany us on Friday, November 20 from 6-7.30pm to pack bags of donated food.
- Accompany us on Saturday, November 21 from 8am until 12 noon to deliver the bags of food the Lakewood families.
If you and your son are interested in any of these wonderful opportunities, please contact Joanne Krysh, the Mothers' Club Director of Community Service, at JMKrysh@aol.com.
Throughout the year, the St. Edward Mothers' Club holds fun events at locations across Greater Cleveland. Take a look at the links below for more information!
2015-2016 Mothers' Club Executive Board
President: Kristin Gulling
Vice-President: Sharon Margevicius
Secretary: Denise Buras- Davis
Treasurer: Stefni Piscitelli-Fragapane
Membership: Christine Ashdown
Spirituality: Letizia Zola
Hospitality: Debbie Deak and Bernice Girgash
Volunteer Coordinator: Elizabeth Simpson and TaNisha Ramsey-Coats
Community Service: Joanne Krysh
Moderator: Sheila Gallagher
Please contact us at SEHSMothersClub@gmail.com for more information